To the south-east of St. Kevin’s church lie the remains of St Kieran’s, the smallest of the surviving churches at Glendalough. This church, with coeval nave and chancel, was discovered beneath a mound of earth and stones in 1875. Only the foundation and about half a metre of the suerstructure remain. The foundation of a stone altar was discovered in the chancel and there is a small doorway in its south wall. This doorway probably led to a sacristy of which all other traces have disappeared.
It has been suggested hat this little church was erected in honour of St Kieran od Clonmacnoise who died around the middle of the 6th century. The present building is possibly no earlier than the 11th century.