Walk / Run from Bray to Glendalough: Three Days in Wicklow!
For our June 2018 Press Trip, with the support of Fáilte Ireland & Tourism Ireland we invited Outdoors journalists from Southern Europe to experience some of Wicklow’s best trails. Ultra runner Pablo Criado and Photographer Quim Farrero represented Spain and Trail Magazine, while Francesco Di Domenico from Soul Running represented Italy.
Day 1: Bray & Killruddery House
All three arrived at Dublin Airport and took the Aircoach bus to Bray. and they dropped their bags at The Martello on the seafront where they were to spend the night. After a twenty minutes walk, we were given a quick tour of Killruddery House.
Day 2: Run/Walk from Bray to Lough Tay
The objective of the day is to walk/run from Bray Seafront all the way to Lough Tay going through Bray Head, the Sugar Loaf and Djouce mountain: some 25km of stunning sceneries. René from the Glendalough Athletics Club was our guide for the day. We left our bags to Wicklow Way Baggage to be delivered at our accommodation in Glendalough.
Day 3: Glendalough and Back to Dublin
Today we stayed in Glendalough and walked the Spinc overlooking the Upper Lake and a visit of the visitor centre. Late afternoon we made our way back to Dublin for the night before flying home the following day.
- Bus Airport to Bray: http://aircoach.ie/
- Killruddery House & Gardens: http://www.killruddery.com/
- The Martello Hotel: https://www.themartello.ie/
- Ocean Bar & Grill: https://www.oceanbarandgrill.ie/
- More info on Bray (See & Do, Accommodation, Food & Drink): http://visitwicklow.ie/item/bray/
- Wicklow Way Baggage: http://wicklowwaybaggage.com/
- Sugar Loaf Café: http://www.thesugarloafcafe.ie/
- Taxi Service transfer to Glendalough: http://www.glendaloughcabs.ie/
Option to keep walking to Glendalough following the Wicklow Way
- Info on the Wicklow Way: http://visitwicklow.ie/the-wicklow-way/
- Info & Accommodation in Laragh/Glendalough: http://visitwicklow.ie/item/laragh-glendalough
- Spinc and other walks in Glendalough: http://visitwicklow.ie/item/glendalough-spinc-and-glenealo-valley-walk-white-route/
- Glendalough Visitor Centre: http://visitwicklow.ie/item/glendalough-visitor-centre/
- Bus to Dublin : http://www.glendaloughbus.com/