What information do we collect?
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the website and endeavour to guarantee to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Also, we only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
How do we collect information from you?
- IP Addresses
We collect IP addresses from visitors to our website (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet). This allows us to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries. We analyse this data for trend and statistics reasons, such as which parts of our website users are visiting and how long they spend there.
First party cookies
Third party cookies
You should also be aware that there are cookies which are found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance this website. You will see ‘social buttons’ on our website, which enable you to share or bookmark the web pages.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description||Provider|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
Mailing Lists and Registration processes
If users wish to utilise certain services located on specific sections of the website, they are requested to sign up. Services that currently require some form of sign up include:
- Email newsletters from the website
- Registering with the website for nominated services
To register as a user of such services we need to collect information such as, at a minimum, an email address. We may also ask some further questions so we can gain a clearer understanding of what you are interested in, in order to personalise the information that we give you.
You can update your personal information held and change your stated interests and whether or not you wish to receive correspondence from us. You may unsubscribe from the e-newsletter and other updates by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our email correspondence. We may ask different questions for different services, including competitions. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Email Newsletter services are provided through MailChimp.com. MailChimp are certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework and are fully compliant with EU data protection legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Mobile devices & Social Media
Applications developed in connection with the website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We collect different types of information about our users for the following reasons:
- To personalise the way our content is presented to you and to ensure that content from our website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer, including this website. As part of this, we may use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified).
- To carry out any legal obligations arising from your interaction with the website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Are there cases where we may use your information to contact you?
We may contact you:
- For administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us).
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive e-newsletters or similar correspondence and updates from Visitwicklow.ie if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive e-newsletters.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
Do we protect your personal information?
We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology: we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information; and we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures.
However, this website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Who do we share data with?
We may disclose your personal information to any company or other corporate entity under the control and direction of Visit Wicklow Wicklow Enterprise Park, The Murrough, Wicklow Town.
We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
We may also use service providers to help us run the website or services available on the website. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, in compliance with data protection legislation.
Where do we store your personal data?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
* For administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us).
* To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive e-newsletters or similar correspondence and updates from Visitwicklow.ie if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our Facebook page, via the Contact Us facility, if you have signed up using one of our online opt-in forms. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive e-newsletters.
* To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Legal information and how to contact us
The Data Controller for this website and services provided through this website is Visit Wicklow Wicklow Enterprise Park, The Murrough, Wicklow Town.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding Visit Wicklow use of personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org