An easy walk along this beautiful valley floor, following the flow of the Avoca River. The route follows a footpath alongside the road. there are plenty of refreshments opportunities along the way and time for a stop in the beautiful Avoca Village.
This is a linear walk and can be started at either end.
Grade: Easy, the route is not marked but follows the main road.
Estimated time: 1.5 hrs
Total height climbed: 30m
Highest point: 50m
Terrain underfoot: Footpath.
Suitable for: everyone
Notes: This route follows a busy public road – Please keep children safe
How to get to start point: Meetings Of The Waters or Woodenbridge
- GPS FOR START POINT (Meetings Of The Waters): 52.8855,-6.2337
- GR for Start (Meeting of the Waters): T 189 830
- GPS FOR Finish POINT (Woodenbridge): 52.8314,-6.2345
- GR for Finish (Woodenbridge): T 190 770
- Bus: Bus Eireann: www.buseireann.ie
- Train: Irish Rail: www.irishrail.ie