This year’s St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade in Bray is bigger than ever. The Festival will run for five days from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th, 2023.
The jam-packed programme includes Bird’s Euroshow Funfair, live music, an open-air céilí, talks, a walk, a treasure hunt, movies at the Bandstand, the St. Patrick’s Day Bray Parade and more.
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be a cultural celebration. There are excellent vantage points for all to get an opportunity to marvel at the strong 1,500 participants as they spectacularly make their way through the town.
Events/activities running throughout the festival from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th 2023:
- Enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront from Thursday, March 16th until Monday, March 20th. It opens on Thursday, March 16th at 3 pm then daily from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- At your leisure grab the family or a bunch of friends for an adventuresome day out with Family Treasure HuntExperience. Go to bray.ie/stpatricksfestival to access the questionnaire.
- Learn how to Irish dance with a virtual Céilí by Scoil Rince Fáinne. Go to bray.ie/stpatricksfestival to watch.
- Throughout the festival watch as iconic Bray District landmarks including the Town Hall, Civic Offices & The Bandstand #GoGreen in celebration of our National Day.
- There’s some cracking live music throughout the town’s many venues. Full music listings can be found at bray.ie/events/.
Thursday, March 16th 2023:
- Making waves – An immersive multi-sensory dance theatre production designed specifically for children aged 8 to 13 years with mild to more complex needs takes place at the Mermaid at 10:15 am & 12:15 pm. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
- At 4 pm join White Doodle Workshops and create a fun St. Patrick’s Day mixed-media Snake… Draw, paint, print and stamp to create a fun sake! Sign up for free at bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited – booking is essential.
- Learn about the International Hotel, from start to finish, a talk by James Scannell hosted by the Bray Cualann Historical Society at the Royal Hotel at 8 pm. Read more at braycualannhistoricalsociety.ie.
Friday, March 17th 2023:
- The festival’s main event, the St. Patrick’s Day Bray Parade will kick off at 2 pm from the Town Hall to the viewing stand at the northern part of the Seafront.
- At the Mermaid, Neil Delamere is back with a brand new show, Delamerium at 8 pm. Expect the usual hilarious stories, wry observations and quick-witted improvisation. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Saturday, March 18th 2023
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s weekend in Killruddery Yard with a special edition of their Farm Market. Listen to performances from musicians while enjoying a unique shopping experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere while supporting the local economy and farmers! There’s free parking + admission. Read more at killruddery.com.
- Join the Boomerang Brass Band (UK) live at the clocktower in Enniskerry Village at 12:45 pm.
- Enjoy a showcase of Irish Dancing which includes exhilarating performances from Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing, Dunphy School of Irish Dance, Scoil Rince Fáinne and Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing at the Seafront Bandstand from 2 pm.
- Let the brilliant Suzie from White Doodle Face Art delight children with free face painting from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm at the Seafront Bandstand.
- Irish dance meets Brass – watch the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance wow audiences as they showcase their dancing skills with music by The Boomerang Brass Band (UK) on the Seafront Bandstand at 4 pm.
- Cheer on Ireland as they take on England in the final fixture of the 2023 Six Nations Championship on the open-air big screen opposite the bandstand at 5.15 pm.
- Remembering Ronnie – Phelim Drew, celebrated actor and son of The Dubliners’ Ronnie Drew, brings his fabulous music show to Mermaid Arts Centre at 8 pm. See mermaidartscentre.ie to book
Sunday, March 19th 2023:
- The Bray Head Walk is back again this year. Take in some of the most stunning views of Bray and surrounding areas with a guided walk with Bray Adventures up and around the amazing Bray Head. Sign up for free at bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited – booking is essential.
- The Bray Vintage Car Club will be showcasing some of their member’s beautiful classic and vintage cars from 2 pm to 4 pm opposite the Bandstand.
- Enjoy a spectacular Hip Hop dance off with Studio X Dance Group at the Seafront Bandstand from 1 pm.
- Free movies by the bandstand – Bring a deckchair, blanket or a bean bag to ensure maximum snugness, some popcorn and treats and enjoy some family favourites to celebrate Mother’s Day at 2 pm and 4 pm with thanks to Bird’s Euroshow Funfair. Movies will be revealed on bray.ie’s socials in due course.
Monday, March 20th 2023:
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will be reeling in the years with a historical talk at 8 pm. Learn about Bray through the Movies from 1929 to 1966 at the Bray and District Chamber of Commerce House. Admission is free with no registration required.