Bray rolls out the green carpet as the St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade makes a welcome return after a two-year absence. The festival will run from Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th, 2022.
Events / activities running throughout the festival from Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th:
- Enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront on Wednesday, March 16th until Sunday, March 20th, 2022. It opens on Wednesday, March 16th at 3 pm then daily from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- At your leisure grab the family or a bunch of friends for an adventuresome day out with our new Family Treasure Hunt Experience where you could win a voucher for The Dough Box, Bray.
- Throughout the festival watch as iconic Bray District landmarks including the Town Hall, Civic Offices & The Bandstand #GoGreen in celebration of our National Day.
- Join Susie from White Doodle Workshops by celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by learning multiple ways to create your own shamrock! Watch the workshop on www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival at your own pace and then share your shamrock photos using the hashtag #PaddysBray.
- There’s some cracking live music throughout the town’s many venues. Full music listings can be found at https://www.bray.ie/events/.
Thursday, March 17th 2022:
- The festival’s main event, the Bray Parade will kick off at 2 pm from the Town Hall to the viewing stand at the northern part of the Seafront.
Friday, March 18th 2022
- The Bray Head Walk is back again this year with Bray Adventures at 10 am. Sign up for free at www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited – booking essential.
- Join the Boomerang Brass Band (UK) live at the clocktower in Enniskerry Village for an afternoon of big band music at 12:30 pm.
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will be reeling in the years with a historical talk about Bray at 3 pm. Sign up for free at www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited – booking essential.
- Watch the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance wow audiences as they showcase their dancing skills with music by The Boomerang Brass Band on the bandstand from 4 pm.
- Celebrate Ireland’s oral traditions with poetry, storytelling and songs from Len Graham, Theo Dorgan and Jack Lynch at the Mermaid. See http://www.mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Saturday, March 19th 2022
- Watch some spectacular outdoor circus performances including handstands, magic, juggling & escapology routines at the Civic Plaza on Saturday, March 19th at 2 pm and at the Holy Redeemer on Main Street at 4 pm.
- The Bray Vintage Car Club will be showcasing some of their member’s beautiful classic and vintage cars from 2 pm to 4 pm opposite the Bandstand.
- Enjoy a spectacular performance from Scoil Rince Fáinne as they showcase their Irish dancing skills on Bray’s iconic bandstand at 4 pm.
- Watch Ireland take on Scotland in the ultimate Celtic clash on the open-air big screen opposite the bandstand at 4.45 pm.
Sunday, March 20th 2022
- From 11 am at the boathouse beside the coffee dock why not let the brilliant Suzie create some cheeky face painting designs and then learn how to Irish dance with the Shauna McGauran School.
- To finish the weekend off why not enjoy live music from Jamie Duff on the bandstand at 4 pm.
You can read more about the festival, register for free walks, talks, sign up for competitions, access the treasure hunt questionnaire and watch the shamrock workshop by visiting https://www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival/.