Irish Sacred Well Tours offer small exclusive private walking tours around Glendalough & Co. Wicklow. Tours explore the old pilgrim paths and holy wells of this beautiful, ancient land. All tours are led by Rosaleen Durkin whose insight and knowledge shines a light on places that so often remain hidden to the untrained eye.
The sacred wells of Ireland are steeped in tradition and ritual, which are an integration of both pre-Christian and Christian traditions. These wells were considered holy wells and the water was only used for blessing or ritual purposes.
All walks focus on folklore and tradition, nature awareness and personal reflection and can be part of day wellness retreats for individuals, groups or businesses.
The walks also explore the connections and heritage links between Ireland and Wales in Co.Wexford and Co.Wicklow.
- Wide choice of walks and locations
- Tours mainly in quiet, off the beaten track areas
- History, folklore & mythology explored
- Nature awareness & self-reflection promoted
- Walks cater to varying fitness levels
- Walks include family and school groups
- All tours outdoors and socially distanced
- Rosaleen’s personal knowledge of hidden history shared