Festive Experience in the Woods – Saturday 7th December
Looking for something different for a Christmas outing with friends and work colleagues this coming festive season?
Why not a unique Overnight Christmas Experience in the Woods!
What to Expect
Arrive onsite from 2pm onwards to a warm welcome of a glowing campfire, mulled wine and finger foods. Once you settle in to your chosen accommodation of heated tipis for 6 with wood burning stoves, 2 person tree-tent or single camping hammocks, you can explore the site down by the river and stream, giving you an idea of your natural surroundings. A perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle during this time of year and an opportunity to reconnect with nature.
For those interested there is an opportunity to learn some preparation and cooking techniques for cooking over the fire. In the evening, everyone will gather around the campfire and enjoy our own twist on a Festive Feast. Enjoy the dancing flames, warmth and glow of the campfire.
Of course there will be marshmallows on sticks for everyone to toast over hot embers!
The following morning, the main fire pit will be lit with kettles on the boil for tea and coffee’s. Breakfast will be cooked over the fire and served from 9am to 10am. Break camp for 11am.
Transport can be arranged to pick up and drop off groups from Dublin city centre if required.
The Experience Package
* Choice of accommodation
* Christmas Feast with a twist including finger foods and mulled wine on arrival (see menu)
* Campfire Treats later in the evening
* Breakfast tea and coffee
Sleep Option (depending on your numbers).
* 3 tipis each sleeping 6 people. (€99 per person) **Comes with wood burning stoves, fuel, carbon monoxide alarm, interior lighting, pallet beds and sleeping mats.
* 2 person tree tent (€79 per person) **These come with sleeping mats and interior lighting.
* Single person camping hammock (€79 per person) **These come with tarp shelter, sleeping mats and lighting
What you need to bring:
The key to enjoying your time outdoors during the colder months is to wear the right clothing, ensuring that you remain dry and warm. Click the link for more information. Apart from the list below, we will provide all other essentials for your Christmas Experience in the woods.
- Warm clothing, thermals, waterproofs, beanie hat and rain gear as well as appropriate footwear.
- Hot water bottle
- Sleeping bag, pillow and extra blanket
- Torch/ head lamp
- You also need a sense of adventure