An Tairseach, is the Irish word for threshold and it suggests a new beginning, an alternative and more sustainable way of working with the land as well as a renewed relationship with the whole community of life, human and non-human. At An Tairseach you can take time to reflect and renew yourself in our peaceful and inspirational surroundings. Come unwind, revitalise, enjoy fresh air and stunning views in a welcoming environment.
Accommodation at An Tairseach Ecology Centre is suitable for individuals or groups and includes single and twin en-suite rooms with a private or shared kitchen and small common areas. The accommodation is located in a unique, peaceful and inspiring environment with engaging views over Wicklow Bay, the local country side and An Tairseach’s organic garden. The farm has its own organic farm shop which is open five days a week and walks can be taken around the 70 acre organic farm. This accommodation is ideal for writers, artists or individuals looking for a quiet space for reflection or retreat or groups wishing to spend time together whether on business or for pleasure. Facilities within the Centre which are ideal for use by groups include:
- A large Conference Room with wifi and audio-visual facilities and beautiful views over the organic garden.
- A calming meditation room with chairs for 20 people.
- An inspiring ecology library suitable for educational groups.
- A large chapel with beautiful stained glass windows from the Harry Clarke studios perfect for special events which will seat up to 200 attendees.
- A dining area suitable for groups bringing their own lunch with a patio area overlooking the organic garden for warmer days.
- Organic garden with vegetables and animals and a self-guided walk in the Cosmic Garden.
- Self-catering accommodation in single / twin en-suite rooms
Organic Farm Shop
An Tairseach Organic Farm Shop is open from 9.30am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday. The farm shop stocks organic vegetables and meat from An Tairseach’s farm as well as other organic produce, store cupboard ingredients and whole foods.
Guided farm walks through An Tairseach’s organic farm take place on the first Saturday of every month at 11am and are free of charge. The walk includes a tour of the organic gardens and animals, as well as the 70 acre farm which boasts outstanding views of Wicklow Bay, vegetable plantations, a conservation area, a river walk and tree plantations.
All are welcome, including children.