Welcome to County Wicklow, The Garden of Ireland
County Wicklow is one of Ireland’s true scenic treasures with its magnificent hills and mountains long sandy beaches, rivers and lakes.
Wicklow offers a great variety of outdoor activities: walk or cycle the Wicklow hills and mountains. Play on some of Ireland’s best links and parkland golf courses. Surf or sail the Irish Sea. Ride through stunning landscape. Paddle or fish along our rivers and lakes.
Wicklow’s attractions will entertain young and old. Visit our many historic homes and gardens. Discover Wicklow’s exceptional heritage from Glendalough’s ancient monastic site to Wicklow’s Historical Gaol.
Bring Wicklow’s rich and unique flavours to your table and enjoy our welcome and “craic”
Getting to Wicklow couldn’t be simpler, as the county lies directly beside the capital city, with access to Dublin Airport. Two ferry ports are also in close proximity to the county, in Dun Laoghaire and Rosslare. Once you arrive, there is a wide choice of transport from bus to train, taxi to coach and more. Just click on any of the categories below to find out what is the best option for you.
- Dublin Airport: 1h 20m drive to Glendalough (centre of County)
- Shannon Airport: 3h 12 min to Glendalough
- Belfast Airport: 3h 20 min to Glendalough
- Cork Airport: 3h 30 min to Glendalough
- Dun Laoghaire Harbour: 1h drive to Glendalough
- Dublin Port: 1h20min to Glendalough
- Rosslare Port: 2h to Glendalough
- Belfast Ferry Port: 3h 15 min to Glendalough
- Intercity Trains: Wicklow is on the Wicklow/Rosslare route and enjoys several daily trains with 4 stations along the East Coast: Bray, Greystones, Kilcoole, Wicklow Town, Rathdrum & Arklow
- Dublin Commuter Train (DART): Bray and Greystones along the North Coast of Wicklow enjoy frequent connections with Dublin city centre
- Dublin Bus: Dublin operates various day and night buses between Dublin and North East & West Wicklow: 44 to Enniskerry, 65 to Blessington, 84n to Bray & Greystones, 84x to Greystones-Kilcoole-Newcastle, 184 to Newtownmountkennedy
- Bus Eirann: The Irish national bus company offers also various connection from Dublin and Dublin Airport:
- N.2: express service from Dublin Airport to Wicklow Town & Arklow – limited runs
- N.133: Hourly bus service from Dublin Airport to Bray, Newtown, Ashford & Wicklow Town