Guided walk on old dirt roads & open mountain tracks!
Per Person: €35
- Pickups: Luas Balally (Dundrum) 09:00am or Maldron Hotel, Tallaght 09:30am
- Type: Strenuous
- Length: 12Km
- Ascent: 720m
- Graded: Moderate
- Terrain: Old dirt roads and open mountain tracks.
Starting from Fenton’s Pub in the Glen of Imaal near Donard we will take a trail onto Camarahill. There is a steep enough ascent onto the summit of Camara hill but once this has been done you really have broken the back of the walk.
Then we move on towards the summit of Lugnaquillia (Munro) 925m highest point in Leinster. From here there are excellent views in all directions and on a clear day you can see the mountains of Mourne, all the peaks in Wicklow and even as far as Wales. After we have had a bite to eat we will make our descent the way we came up.
What to expect:
- Old dirt roads, open mountain top trails.
- From the summit we should have 360 views of the Wicklow Mountains National park.
How to get there:
Take the N81 from Dublin and out past Tallaght. Keep on this road and eventually you will reach Blessington Village. We will at a car park to your right just past “The West Wicklow House”.
Allow time for cyclists, tractors etc. Approx 40 minutes from Dublin city center.
What to Bring
For Guided Walks we recommend you Bring:
- Walking Boots are essential for this walk.
- Walking Rucksack 25L
- Torch (Head or Hand held )
- Rain gear
- Extra Top
- Sun Cream