Grow It Yourself : Permaculture Day Workshop
Located in the beautiful permaculture garden at the Elbowroom Escape, located in the stunning Glen of Imaal.
This one day course at the newly designed garden aims to provide all the information you need to GIY (Grow It Yourself)). Then feast on some local organic fare in the beautiful cabin with your new green-fingered friends.
During the day you will learn:
- What is’ permaculture
- Ethics and principles of permaculture and how to apply them
- The basics of permaculture design and discussion on examples
- Practical Planting! Shrub and herb planting the terraces and discussing permaculture principles as we go!
- Organic gardening talk. This will focus on the three major components of successful organic gardening and how the three are interlinked. The soil, water and nutrient management and pest (including weeds) and disease management. We will also discuss plant propagation
- Sowing the seeds practical! During this session, we will show a variety of perennial herbs and vegetables (which participants can take home). These will include medicinal, edible and beneficial plants for a holistic approach to both garden and gardener health
The aim is to show that organic gardening is not all straight beds of annual vegetable plants but can encompass traditional ‘pretty’ beds that are still edible!
Find our more or book here.