What is it?
- It is a free, timed 2 km event for kids aged 4-14 years.
- It is on every Sunday morning with the run starting at 9:30 am, registration at 9:20am. Starting at the Duck Pond, 3rd November.
- Adults should register their kids (just once) on parkrun.ie/registerin order to print off their child’s barcode and select Arklow Duck Pond as your home event.
- Adults can run with their children, but only the children can cross the finish line and get an official time.
- Children should bring a printed copy of their parkrun barcode with them to be included in the finisher results.
- When the child has completed 11, 22 and 50 runs, they receive a half marathon, marathon, and ultra marathon rubber wristband, in that order. After 100 runs they receive a special certificate.
- Unfortunately dogs, bikes or scooters are not allowed at junior parkrun. Adults can push smaller children in buggies.
- Parkrun is free and relies on local volunteers to support the event every week. All roles are simple and full training is provided.
This weekend marks the second junior parkrun in Wicklow and it would be great to see families out to support this great group of volunteers who have been working hard in the run up to the first event.
They can be found on facebook at “Arklow duck pond junior parkrun”.
This event is supported by Healthy Wicklow and Wicklow Sports Partnership.
Best of Luck to everyone taking part and please feel free to share with anyone that you think might be interested!